You must agree to the below terms and conditions before proceeding. Failure to comply with the rules as set out below or committing any unlawful act, acts of gross mis-conduct or wilfully damaging Farmgate property will result in the forfeiture of your $200.00 bond &/or instant eviction.
Before arriving at Farmgate Backpackers, Childers, you MUST have the following:
- Tax File Number
- Superannuation Fund
- Australian Bank Account, including BSB and Account Number
- Valid Passport
- Eligible Visa for working in Australia
WE CANNOT PLACE YOU IN ANY WORK UNLESS YOU HAVE THE ABOVE DETAILS.
WE ARE A WORKING HOSTEL NOT A PARTY BACKPACKERS........ IF YOU WANT TO PARTY THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!
- Deposit a $200 security deposit is required at check in.
- Respect and give consideration to all other residents and visitors.
- Speed limits must be obeyed and adhered to at all times.
- Glass objects must not be taken inside the pool fenced area no alcohol– plastic cups and cans only.
- Beer bottles are not allowed anywhere within the park’s grounds.
- Smoking is not permitted in any Farmgate Backpackers’ room, van, cabin, vehicle or in the pool area.
- Drugs (Workplace Health & Safety) Recreational drugs are illegal in Australia if you are found with drugs you will be evicted from Farmgate and you will forfeit your deposit!
- Damage or misuse of Farmgate Backpackers’ property will result in those responsible being accountable for the cost of repairs &/or replacement and will face instant eviction subject to management discretion.
- Fourteen (14) or Twenty Eight (28) days notice when vacating is mandatory in order to have your security deposit refunded – failure to give required notice will result in your security deposit being withheld.
- Cigarette butts must be placed in the tin cans provided for the purpose and STRICTLY no throwing on the ground.
- Rubbish bins are to be used for all rubbish – rubbish left in the kitchen areas or thrown on the ground will not be tolerated.
- Dishes are to be washed and put away by the backpackers after use. Dirty dishes will be removed by staff and a fee will apply for their return.
- Bed linen and towels - are to be laundered regularly by the backpackers.
- All residents of the Farmgate Backpackers are to maintain their allotted space/s in a tidy and hygienic manner.
- Loud noise is banned on the property .
- No music, musical instruments, games (INCLUDING DRINKING GAMES) and gatherings after 9.00pm.
- DRINKING GAMES OF ANY DESCRIPTION ARE NOT PERMITTED AT ANY TIME. If you play drinking games you will be told to leave the hostel and you will lose your bond. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Must be paid by the due date – there are NO EXCEPTIONS – if your rent is not paid by the due date you will not be assigned any work and you will be taken off the work run list.
Issue of Farmgate Backpackers Property
- All items of Farmgate Backpackers property issued to you are to be returned at the time of leaving the premises. The condition in which they are returned is to be the same as that at the time of issue.
- Failure to comply will be subject to the forfeit of your $200.00 bond.
Buses and Farm Transportation
- The buses operate to strict timetables – it is your responsibility to check the daily timetables and working rosters – failure to do so may result in dismissal from your work.
- Costs will be incurred if you miss the bus and a special trip is required to take you to your work place or the use of a bus is required for reasons other than the normal transportation to and from the work place.
- Cars must be parked in the designated carpark behind the camping area.
- Must report to the office before gaining entry to the accommodation &/or social areas.
- Not permitted to stay over-night.
- It is a criminal offence to remove trollies from the Woolworths carpark and it is prohibited to leave trollies on or near the Farmgate Backpackers property. Any persons responsible for leaving Woolworths trollies in or near the Farmgate Backpackers property will be asked to return them immediately – failure to do so will result in a $50.00 penalty.
I acknowledge that I have read and completely understood the information, rules and policies as set out above and that I have provided honest and accurate information where applicable. Further, I undertake to adhere to these rules, policies and requirements at all times during my stay at Farmgate Backpackers and understand that failure to do so may result in the immediate termination of my stay.